Vice President of Finance
LRAP Association is looking for a Vice President of Finance.
At LRAP, we’re creating positive change in the world by giving college-bound students the freedom to pursue their passion at the college of their choice for the career of their dreams. Noble, isn’t it?
Are you looking for a career with a company that’s driven by a powerful mission? At LRAP Association, you’ll join a team of high performers looking to make a difference in the lives of college-bound students. We help our students have the freedom to follow their highest ambitions without student loan burdens.
Why join LRAP? LRAP Association provides our unique, innovative Loan Repayment Assistance Program to colleges and universities across the country. We help students enroll in the college of their choice with the peace of mind to know that if their income after graduation is low, we’ll help them with their student loan payments.
Why else? LRAP Association is a fast-growing start-up full of dedicated, passionate individuals who delight in coming to work each day knowing that we’re making a difference in the lives of college students. This position presents significant opportunity for growth in your career. Oh, and the comprehensive benefits package is nice too.
We are looking for a Vice President of Finance to manage our finance and accounting operations. Is that you? We need someone who is passionate about details and devoted to accuracy. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer and be based in our Lisle, IL office.
- Manage all corporate accounting and financial functions and develop the preparation of financial reports and analysis for the company.
- Work with the President and COO to build a high-performing finance function
- Directing and managing audits; i.e. responding to auditors’ comments concerning finances and operations and overseeing required action to address any deficiencies.
- Manage budget process and produce short-term and long-range forecasts
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Produce timely and accurate financial statements and related management reports.
- Manage relations with the Board of Directors and investors
- Working with external auditors, manage the preparation of federal and state tax returns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA & CPA preferred.
- Preferably 1-3 years of experience with top accounting/audit firm and 3-5 years of corporate finance experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Finance/Controller or similar role.
- Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
- A consummate professional; detail oriented and resourceful.
- Self-motivated; a team player with a can-do spirit.
- Great at problem solving, planning and organizing.
- Flexible, adaptable, dependable and efficient.
Salary plus bonus is commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and retirement.
We partner with colleges and universities to offer an innovative loan repayment assistance program that works as a student’s safety-net…so that if their job, post graduation, doesn’t pay enough to cover their loans, LRAP will. By helping students repay their student loans after college, LRAP is alleviating the burden of student loan debt for thousands of students and families.